Skip to main content

Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick Review


I purchased this Saturday to wear with a new black dress I bought so I decided to do a review on it.


I have the color "Ravishing Rouge". I do like it, but I did find it to feel rather drying on my lips so I needed to apply a lip balm under it (which I typically do with all my lipsticks because I find they go on smoother) as well as a moisturizing lip gloss over top, with the gloss it felt much better on my lips.

It claims it can lasts 14hr's, I don't believe this. I put it on before leaving for church Sunday morning and after coming home and eating and drinking soda at lunch it had all but disappeared. So maybe if you don't eat or drink anything it would last that long but not if you eat and drink things.

One thing I do quite like that I wasn't expecting is that this particular color smells like cherry. It doesn't make any claims to that so that was quite a nice surprise.


Here is a swatch of the color, it isn't quite this bright on the lips but it is pretty close. On the lips it's a slightly deeper red, but not by much. I do like the color of this though if you don't enjoy a bright lipstick this may not be the color for you.

So would I purchase another Super Stay 14hr lipstick from Maybelline? Maybe. Although it does feel drying and doesn't last as long as it claims it actually doesn't seem to truly dry out my lips and it does have a nice color. And also as I mentioned I enjoy the scent of this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...