Skip to main content

Getting my Belly Button Pierced

(Photo by Grace, Southern Grace Photography)

So I did something super exciting and scary recently.

I got my belly pierced!!

I researched and found a awesome tattoo shop called Golden Spiral Tattoo, I totally recommend them btw.

I went with my fiance and we told them what we were there for and I gave them my ID and signed the papers after the piercing artist did a short 'consultation' which was basically just looking at and feeling my belly button area.

She told me because I bend right at my belly button when I sit and stuff I would need to be sure to sit up straight, but it looked good and she could do it.

We went back with her to a little room and she cleaned around my belly button and marked where to pierce with her maker and measured the area.

She had a few different belly rods I guess? laying out for me to choose from so I chose a small diamond looking one (pictured obviously lol) and she sanitized it.

She had me lay on the table and adjusted her marks and then showed me the stuff she'd use to pierce it, other than the needle I didn't care to see that. lol

She explained what she would do and then put the forecep/clamp thingy in place (she also used a cork which she explained was to keep from stabbing my abdomen or her hand).

Then she told me to take a deep breath and it was done, she put the jewelry in and screwed the piece on it.

It hurt a little, but it was more of a strong pinching feeling.

She then went over cleaning and aftercare- washing twice a day with Dial Gold Antibacterial soap and a salt treatment- I went with the H2O Ocean Spray (will review!) as my salt treatment as it is much easier.

Then we paid and it was all done. 

The artist there is so professional and friendly and really tries to put you at ease. She also explained everything really well and said I could call or email her with any questions.

I have to go back in 3-4 months to get smaller jewelry and keep up the cleaning for 9 months.

It's a bit sore when I move certain ways or my clothes pull at it, but other than that it's going well so far and I love how it looks. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...