Skip to main content

I Tried Dollar Shave Club



Hey guy!! So I am going to be moving out pretty soon and I have been trying to find ways to save money.

Now if you buy razors and the blades yourself you might realize how expensive these can get. I typically use a Venus razor and a pack of 6 blades is $20-$25 bucks a piece. Now mind you I don't switch my blade every week so I don't need them often, but that can get expensive.

The other day Dollar Shave Club popped up in my Facebook feed and I shared it and asked if any of my friends had tried it and I was told by a friend it was awesome, so I decided to sign up.




I got the executive razor starter pack with the razor, 4 blades, a exfoliant, shave cream, and after shave. I also picked up a second handle for my fiance. All that together came to about $11 bucks and they charge you $9 monthly or every other month (you can choose in your profile) when they ship the new blades. (You will have to purchase the extras separately after the starter kit)

As you can see they also sent me a new member book and a little bathroom comic/magazine kinda thing.

I decided to start off using all the products given to me to test it the first night. So I used everything. It did amazingly, my legs (and underarms) felt super smooth and I was quite happy with the results, however I very rarely use all those things when I shave (other than on the bikini line) so I wanted to try it how I shave normally...

Honestly it works just fine without the other stuff, now I have always felt like my shave feels smoother with shaving cream, I don't really know why, but this is on par with what my Venus razor could do on it's own.

I definately think this is worth the money, in the long run I think it will be cheaper for me and my fiance than both buying blades every few months.

Now if I could just figure out how to make my hair grow back slower I'd be overjoyed. lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to contact me :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a short post tonight to let you guys know how you can contact me :) I am more than happy to talk to you guys over any of my social media accounts I have linked here on my blog and would love to hear from you!! I don't use my private accounts to talk to anyone but friends and family, but if you contact me on my linked accounts I'll do my best to reply to all of you!!!! :D I'm also considering getting an email especially for my blog so let me know if you guys would be interested in that :)

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup Tutorial (Pictures)

Harley Quinn Hey guys!! So as many of you may know (or not...) today is the day that the movie Suicide  Squad comes out in theaters so I'm super excited to see it and I thought doing Harley Quinn makeup from the movie would be a lot of fun. I chose to do it in pictures for my blog,  but if you guys would like a video tutorial I don't mind doing one for you because this was really fun to do.  Let's get started!   To start off I used my Sedona Lace 928 Brush to apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over my face and neck. Next I took my Nyx HD Concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and used my Covergirl Concealer around my nose and on any spots I had. I then used my ELF Eyelid primer on my eyelids just to be sure my makeup would last. Next I used a medium dark blue from my Sedona Lace 168 Color Eyeshadow Pallette on my left eye and under my bottom lashes on the left a bit and also a medium champaigny brown to blend out and hi

tarte Face Tape Review

Hey guys! Today I wanted to review the tarte face tape. I have heard alot about this before but had never personally tried it. I am loving it though, I see why it was/is so popular. This has really good coverage and is actually relativily thick but not like cakey. This covers my dark circles really well and also covers blemishes really well, I have personally been using it as concealer alot and it works really well like that as well as being a great coverage foundation. I am really liking this and will totally look into getting more of this in the full size.