Skip to main content

Gel Nails Review


Hey guys!! So I really wanted a design this time so I decided to try out gel as I have heard good things about it.

They paint your nails with gel polish and put them under a UV light multiple times to harden and dry.

It takes a little while, but it's not too bad. Still only like 20-30 minutes to finish.

This is week one and as you can see they look very nice. It's a pretty design and it looks more like normal nail polish as it doesn't really add layers.

Week one was good, no chips or anything.


Here is week 2. From afar they still look pretty good, you can't see any major issues which I am happy with.


However, Saturday morning I chipped one trying to open some makeup so these do not stand up to things and help my nails with strength at all.

A couple days later I was opening my car door and my hand slipped because it was raining and I hit my nails. A tiny piece of my nail chipped off, leaving gel behind. So the gel held up, but somehow my nail was still chipped.

Overall I like the initial look of this, but so far I am not really more impressed with this than normal polish.


A few days later on week 2, I literally had the entire nail polish on 1 finger peel off. I had to try and quickly match the color as I was leaving and ended up removing it all when I got home.

Honestly I'm not sure if it was done wrong or not, but I probably won't get gel at this salon again, I have had just as much luck with normal polish as that. I would try it again, just somewhere else.

For now I am letting my nails recover, but will likely get them done again soon. Either in normal polish or sns.  :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...