Skip to main content

A letter to Christians and Non Christians



Hey guys!! So as I was getting ready this morning I was thinking about a conversation Andrew and I were having last night, it was about how some Christians act and respond when they don't like something someone does and I feel like someone somewhere needs to hear this on either side of the spectrum....


So you see someone doing something you don't like or hear about it? Well a lot of Christians (Here I will be using the term as "people who have accepted Jesus into there hearts") will respond very poorly, and I have been on the receiving end of this even being a Christian myself (yeah it happens between Christians of the exact same denomination too!!), I have had people judging me for my outfits, my music, you name it and you guys have seen my outfits in some posts, nothing at all bad, pretty modest by today's standards actually, but I have still had people go so far as to tell me I am clearly not a Christian because of it.

Reasons like we aren't supposed to be a part of the world and do worldly things (Romans Chapter 12: "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." ) come up, well who is to say where the line is for that? Only God knows for sure, unless he has clearly said it, which for certain things he has but certainly not all things.

So how should you respond if you disagree with someone about an opinion (most things this happens with are definitely OPINIONS) or something the Bible actually mentions and is clear on, well Jesus tells you how to respond to those people, instead of telling them they clearly aren't saved and are going to Hell, you need to respond with love and grace, just as Jesus did. (Ephesians Chapter 4)

"And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."


Guess what? That you are going to Hell for anything you did before or after you get saved is, I'm gonna use a very "non-Christian" term, BS. Once you accept Jesus into your heart and follow him, you are going to Heaven, no matter what you have said or done or say or do is going to change that. (Romans Chapter 10)

"that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."


Does that mean you can do whatever you want? Well you have free will, so you could BUT, you shouldn't do things you KNOW are blatantly wrong, it won't send you to Hell at that point though. You'll just have to talk to God about it when you get there.

And you might say that something a young Christian is doing is going to cause someone else to stumble in their journey with Christ, that is ok to tell them if you believe it, however do not tell them they are not a Christian and never accepted Jesus or they wouldn't be doing it because guess what? YOU might cause that young Christian to stumble by those words, if they are young in Christ they don't know everything yet (ps neither do you!) and they might believe you!! Imagine what that could do to them and their journey?!?! (Romans Chapter 14)

"Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."


You do not need to act better or holyier than anyone else, Christian or not, we are all sinners and are saved by the same way, GRACE. Acting like that, telling people you disagree with they are going to hell or aren't saved, even telling people living in sin that about anything other than their lack of salvation isn't ok or helpful. Do you know what is helpful? Showing people the grace and love of Jesus Christ, Showing them how much he truly loves them by YOUR actions and words and kindness will turn people to Jesus, not condemnation. (II Timothy Chapter 1)

"Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began"

Only God can judge, so leave the judging condemnation up to our loving graceful God, not yourself. (Matthew Chapter 7)

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

In summary, whether you agree with someone, whether it be about an opinion (again most issues are OPINIONS OR INTERPRETATIONS) or something actually in the Bible that it is clear on, you do not have to be a complete jerk and be mean and hateful and judging. The ONLY reason you'll go to Hell is if you do not accept Jesus as your savior, other than that, you will not go to hell no matter what is in the past or future, so get off your freaking high horses and show people the love and absolute grace God has shown you and them, way more people will come to Christ through love than hate.



*Disclaimer: I read the verses around these and feel that these do fit into what I said, I encourage you to pull out a Bible or use a Bible app (You Version is good) and read it all as well.

If you want to learn more about getting saved I encourage you to contact The Summit Church , they are in no way affiliated with my post but Andrew and I go there and they have some amazing loving people who would love to help and answer any questions! They have online services every Sunday at 9:30 and 11 if you are interested in hearing the sermon but don't live near here or if you want to look back at old messages you can do that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to contact me :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a short post tonight to let you guys know how you can contact me :) I am more than happy to talk to you guys over any of my social media accounts I have linked here on my blog and would love to hear from you!! I don't use my private accounts to talk to anyone but friends and family, but if you contact me on my linked accounts I'll do my best to reply to all of you!!!! :D I'm also considering getting an email especially for my blog so let me know if you guys would be interested in that :)

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup Tutorial (Pictures)

Harley Quinn Hey guys!! So as many of you may know (or not...) today is the day that the movie Suicide  Squad comes out in theaters so I'm super excited to see it and I thought doing Harley Quinn makeup from the movie would be a lot of fun. I chose to do it in pictures for my blog,  but if you guys would like a video tutorial I don't mind doing one for you because this was really fun to do.  Let's get started!   To start off I used my Sedona Lace 928 Brush to apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over my face and neck. Next I took my Nyx HD Concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and used my Covergirl Concealer around my nose and on any spots I had. I then used my ELF Eyelid primer on my eyelids just to be sure my makeup would last. Next I used a medium dark blue from my Sedona Lace 168 Color Eyeshadow Pallette on my left eye and under my bottom lashes on the left a bit and also a medium champaigny brown to blend out and hi

tarte Face Tape Review

Hey guys! Today I wanted to review the tarte face tape. I have heard alot about this before but had never personally tried it. I am loving it though, I see why it was/is so popular. This has really good coverage and is actually relativily thick but not like cakey. This covers my dark circles really well and also covers blemishes really well, I have personally been using it as concealer alot and it works really well like that as well as being a great coverage foundation. I am really liking this and will totally look into getting more of this in the full size.