Skip to main content

Beauty Myths vs. Facts



1. Using Nail Polish Too Often Will Cause Your Nails to Turn Yellow.

FACT: According to the Cleveland Clinic it is possible for nail polish to stain your nails yellow. Personally I haven't had this happen on my fingers after wearing polish non-stop for over a year, but apparently over a period of time it can happen. I've ALWAYS kept my toes painted and I will say I do get more staining from polishes there.

2. You Can Repair Split Ends Without Cutting Your Hair

MYTH: According to Racked you can't actually repair split ends without cutting them off, however, you can still help the look of your hair and it's health which will make them less noticeable.

3. Shaving at Night Works Better
FACT: According to Daily Mail shaving does indeed work better at night due to leg swelling in the morning making it harder to get all the hairs. I personally always shave at night but that's simply because I like to take my shower or bath before bed.

4. Touching Your Hair Too Much Makes It Greasy
FACT: According to Cosmopolitan (reliable source right? I promise I looked at a few different things) touching your hair a lot does indeed make it more greasy. I doubt this info will change me or my fiance playing with my hair, but if you're hair is super greasy this is worth a try (plus more tips in the article).

5. Most Women Are Wearing the Wrong Size Bra
FACT: According to Huffington Post this is also true. Now this article is from 2017 so I hope that the percentage has gone down, but that's alot of women in the wrong size. I actually was in the wrong size myself (I think I might be again although mine still fit decently well) as I was wearing a 38B, I went to VS and got fitted and originally was told I was a 36C, but went back after loosing some weight and was then a 34DD. I need to be fitted again I'm sure. Any changes in your body can change your size and I've lost more weight so I know my ribcage is smaller again (if you're wondering why I haven't I don't know that they even make my new band size, if not my current size fits best).

6. You Always Need to Apply Primer Before Makeup
BOTH: According to Bustle an eyelid primer is pretty necessary, however a face primer might not be depending on you. If you never have issues with your foundation getting oily or coming off through the day, you probably don't need it unless you want a more airbrushed look. If you have issues though a primer may help, just be sure to choose the right kind to match your other products.

7. You Need to Wash Your Hair Every Day
MYTH-Kinda: In recent years this has come into question (at least I've recently heard it). I always thought I needed to wash my hair everyday and I do. According to WebMD though, this might not be the best thing for your hair. That being said they say it depends on you and your hair, some people should do this. but not everyone. You need to research your hair type and figure out what's best for your hair. They do say NEVER washing it isn't good though, so that's interesting to me with the new movements going around about that.

8. White Teeth Are Healthier
MYTH: According to Reader's Digest yellow teeth are actually stronger and healthier. Now they say a light yellow is healthy, anything too dark can be due to damage or staining, but as long as they aren't darker yellow, you don't need to be whitening them as this can actually cause damage and weaken your teeth.

9. Hot Showers Cause Dry Skin
FACT: According to HowStuffWorks this is true sadly. Taking long hot showers damages the skins outer layer and allows moisture to escape, causing dry skin. I'm definitely guilty of taking very hot long showers, c'mon though, no more than 10 minutes? Who can shower that quick?? lol

10. You Can Use A Cream To Get Rid of Cellulite
MYTH: As much as I want this to be true, unfortunately it is not. According to Azhealthyfamilies these creams don't actually do anything to the cellulite. It can make your skin feel softer and smoother, but it will not effect the appearance of the actual cellulite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to contact me :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a short post tonight to let you guys know how you can contact me :) I am more than happy to talk to you guys over any of my social media accounts I have linked here on my blog and would love to hear from you!! I don't use my private accounts to talk to anyone but friends and family, but if you contact me on my linked accounts I'll do my best to reply to all of you!!!! :D I'm also considering getting an email especially for my blog so let me know if you guys would be interested in that :)

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup Tutorial (Pictures)

Harley Quinn Hey guys!! So as many of you may know (or not...) today is the day that the movie Suicide  Squad comes out in theaters so I'm super excited to see it and I thought doing Harley Quinn makeup from the movie would be a lot of fun. I chose to do it in pictures for my blog,  but if you guys would like a video tutorial I don't mind doing one for you because this was really fun to do.  Let's get started!   To start off I used my Sedona Lace 928 Brush to apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over my face and neck. Next I took my Nyx HD Concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and used my Covergirl Concealer around my nose and on any spots I had. I then used my ELF Eyelid primer on my eyelids just to be sure my makeup would last. Next I used a medium dark blue from my Sedona Lace 168 Color Eyeshadow Pallette on my left eye and under my bottom lashes on the left a bit and also a medium champaigny brown to blend out and hi

tarte Face Tape Review

Hey guys! Today I wanted to review the tarte face tape. I have heard alot about this before but had never personally tried it. I am loving it though, I see why it was/is so popular. This has really good coverage and is actually relativily thick but not like cakey. This covers my dark circles really well and also covers blemishes really well, I have personally been using it as concealer alot and it works really well like that as well as being a great coverage foundation. I am really liking this and will totally look into getting more of this in the full size.