Skip to main content

Anxiety: 2 Steps Forward 1 Step Back



As you guys know I don't often talk about personal things here,  but I have talked about my anxiety before. 

As of right now,  for the  most part my anxiety is going in a good direction,  it's still there but mostly under control the majority of the time. 

That being said I still have many little anxiety ticks if you will. 

I do little things like fidgeting a lot when I'm uncomfortable or nervous,  things like messing with my jewelry, scratching at my nail polish amongst other things. 

When I'm driving I tend to put my nails into my steering wheel,  resulting in many many marks in my wheel (I'm hopefully getting a steering wheel cover to help this).

I used to do this thing where I didn't like eating at parties and get togethers, but I thought I had gotten much better with that though still uncomfortable,  unfortunately that's where my step back comes in, apparently I've only gotten better in situations I know  the people at least somewhat. 

Recently I went to a party with my fiance with a bunch of people he new but I don't and I froze, I didn't wanna eat, I barely wanted to get a soda. He got me to try a few things but ultimately ended up buying me something else on the way home.

In thus situation I kinda felt bad because I didn't want to seem rude, but that's the thing about anxiety,  there are times it's paralyzing. It can freeze you in your tracks even when you think you have it under control. 

And you know what? That's ok, sometimes you'll have anxiety set backs,  but you just have to get through them and try and learn from each experience. 



What experiences have you guys had with this kind of situation? 

What little ticks do you still have even when your anxiety is "good"?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...