Skip to main content

Weightloss Doesn't = Good Body Image



Hey guys, tonight I thought I'd do a post I've been thinking about for a while now, but wasn't sure exactly what to say, I still wasn't sure, but I decided to just go for it and hope it helps.

It's easy to think "oh if I could just lose this weight I'd be happy with my body", but the reality isn't so simple. 

This is something I'm still coming to terms with. I've lost about 30 lbs. I know in reality I look much better now, but I still can't get over thinking I'm fat and picking myself apart. 

And even knowing this is unfortunately normal,  it still makes me feel pretty crappy. 

I feel even worse because I know I shouldn't be complaining,  I remember how when I weighed more I was very irritated with smaller woman complaining they were the weight I am now. 

I still have that part of me that thinks I need to lose more weight but logically I know losing much more would be very unhealthy for me to do and very difficult to maintain.

I've also realized my relationship to food is still pretty bad and I need to work on it because I will want to eat a snack and feel terrible for eating it.

And this guys is all normal I think, changing your mind is way harder than changing your weight and a huge part of maintaining and helping with your weight as well as mental health.

This is something I'm still majorly struggling with but I'm working on it.

And while I'm mentioning this,  I just want to share a reminder that these are not just girl issues, guys have these same thoughts and feelings about their bodies.

So just know if your dealing with this stuff whether you've lost the weight or not,  you're not alone and it's all part of the journey, you just have to choose to work on your mind and try and get a better body image.

And remember,  how you look shouldn't be the main thing tied to your happiness,  whether you've lost weight or not you need to work on being happy throughout your journey. 

Do you guys have any tips or thoughts you'd like to share?  If you do this would be a great way to help each other out and support each other <3    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...