Skip to main content

Things I Have Learned in My First Year of Marriage



1. Cooking Is Not My Forte

So before getting married I was under the impression I was a pretty good cook, everyone liked everything I made and I got a lot of compliments....then once we got married I realized I am a really good BAKER, not cook. BIG difference guys, baking is easy, its all about measuring and recipes...cooking is hard, I have learned if you give me a exact recipe I am ok, if not...Andrew legit starting saying we should order out at first instead of just telling me I sucked at cooking, then he finally came clean and I am improving a bit lol

2. My Husband is Amazing and Loves Me Enough to Let Me Get 2 Kittens in Less Than a Year

Andrew loves me, he adopted Bambi for me before we moved into the new house and when Bambi was about 8 months old (give or take), he let me adopt Gwynivere as well ^_^ now he loves cats too, but in my book the fact he let me have 2 babies so close together is awesome!

3. You Have to be Willing to Let Your Spouse See You at Your Worst and Take Care of You

So about 8 months or so into getting married I managed to get a stomach virus, I had't had one literally since before we started dating and truly thought maybe I had built up a good routine and immunity for avoiding them..nope...I would say we got much closer through that and when I let him he took very very good care of me (ie. he made me eat and drink fluids because I would've just let myself starve and get dehydrated)

4. You Might Find out you Have Different Views and Opinions on Some Things You Didn't Know About

We have learned that we have some differing opinions on what I would say are some pretty big things, some things we were aware of, some we were not. I found a couple pretty shocking but when you get married you kinda just have to roll with it...which leads me too.....

5.You Have to Compromise Sometimes

The best way to solve those issues is compromise. It is the only thing you can do when you disagree, sure sometimes the other person might change their mind, but you can't bet on that and compromise ensures that it doesn't turn into a big issue and fight.

6. Once You Start Sleeping With Someone Sleeping Alone SUCKS

I straight up can NOT sleep if Andrew is not in the bed, like I just can't.  I will lay there awake until he comes to bed, even if he is out late at a concert (which isn't often but still lol) I will be awake until he is back.

7. You Likely Will Gain Weight

We were both pretty on point about eating healthier and working out, I said there was no way we would gain weight when we got married because we were not gonna keep alot of snacks in the house, which we didn't, however I do keep baking things in the house and it doesn't take long to make cookies when Andrew asks or order pizza 3 days a week...long story short lets all laugh at how I thought I wouldn't gain weight....

8. It is WAY Harder to Lose Weight Married

On that note I have also learned it is much harder to lose weight, although I am more active because of Andrew on the weekends, I originally found it hard to fit in workouts during the week because I felt like supper needed to be cooked when he got home, he assured me it does not and I can workout so I have gotten back to that but eating healthy is HARD!! I am a planner, I truly think you need planning to eat healthy, Andrew is spontaneous, he doesn't like plans and he can eat double what I can so snacking isn't an issue for him...In turn I am having a very hard time losing the weight because I do great for a few days then we get pizza, or make cookies etc. And while I can just not eat them, who isn't gonna have pizza and cookies? Like come onn.

9. You Will Find Little Things About Your Spouse That Annoy the Crap out of You

It might be little things you knew about but found cute before or it might be new things you learned about, either way, there is gonna be something about your spouse that drives you up the wall, apparently I am a loud eater, I never knew this, but it drives Andrew insane. He is super messy and it drives me insane, you still love them, but they will drive you crazy sometimes lol

10. You Won't Always Be Ready For the Same Life Events at the Same Time

And thats ok...

So with Andrew and I this is probably more of a thing simply because I am about 2 years older, so we sometimes find when I am ready for something, he is not. Or when I am out of a certain phase he is not. This basically goes back to compromise I believe and we kinda just navigate this as we go and figure out how to come to agreements that are acceptable to us both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to contact me :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a short post tonight to let you guys know how you can contact me :) I am more than happy to talk to you guys over any of my social media accounts I have linked here on my blog and would love to hear from you!! I don't use my private accounts to talk to anyone but friends and family, but if you contact me on my linked accounts I'll do my best to reply to all of you!!!! :D I'm also considering getting an email especially for my blog so let me know if you guys would be interested in that :)

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup Tutorial (Pictures)

Harley Quinn Hey guys!! So as many of you may know (or not...) today is the day that the movie Suicide  Squad comes out in theaters so I'm super excited to see it and I thought doing Harley Quinn makeup from the movie would be a lot of fun. I chose to do it in pictures for my blog,  but if you guys would like a video tutorial I don't mind doing one for you because this was really fun to do.  Let's get started!   To start off I used my Sedona Lace 928 Brush to apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over my face and neck. Next I took my Nyx HD Concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and used my Covergirl Concealer around my nose and on any spots I had. I then used my ELF Eyelid primer on my eyelids just to be sure my makeup would last. Next I used a medium dark blue from my Sedona Lace 168 Color Eyeshadow Pallette on my left eye and under my bottom lashes on the left a bit and also a medium champaigny brown to blend out and hi

tarte Face Tape Review

Hey guys! Today I wanted to review the tarte face tape. I have heard alot about this before but had never personally tried it. I am loving it though, I see why it was/is so popular. This has really good coverage and is actually relativily thick but not like cakey. This covers my dark circles really well and also covers blemishes really well, I have personally been using it as concealer alot and it works really well like that as well as being a great coverage foundation. I am really liking this and will totally look into getting more of this in the full size.