Skip to main content

Wedding Planning on a Budget

Hey guys!! What's up? Today I thought it'd be super fun to share some of my wedding planning with you. I just got married Saturday and this is how we kept our costs low, I got lots of compliments on the wedding and everything turned out beautifully, so I wanted to share that so you can budget and keep costs down as well, I linked to all I could.

Now I am by no means at all an expert or even know what I'm doing however I am working with what is considered in the wedding world a VERY tight budget.

Andrew and I agreed on a budget of $3,000 or less for the entire wedding.

Now as tight as that sounds it's going quite well so far, we have purchased almost all our non-time-sensitive items with just a few to go. 

Now I lost all my number because my tablet wasn't backed up when it died so I will have to go back and try and see if I can find those or figure them back up (It took forever but I did it!!), but we were well within budget so far.

We didn't really want a lot of decorations so that's helped a lot in keeping costs down.

I don't care much for flowers so I am only having my bouquet and 2 black roses for my 2 bridesmaids ($74.65).

From Michael's


We also went with some basic, but pretty ribbons from amazon ($23.37) and a nice but cheap vase for our sand ceremony ($45.99). Btw there were 3 small vases with this, but I broke one taking them out to photograph them... I got the sand from a craft store for $7.97.





From Hobby Lobby


I also got some tulle to drape above the platform. ($9.99)



I got my dress at a shop that was already discounted, but also closing so I got a beautiful dress for only $393.67, veil included. Alterations were about $400 I believe. I also got a 2nd dress for about $60. I will post pics of those in a different post!!

I also used amazon to order some anklets with toe rings ($23.00) as I will not be wearing shoes for the wedding. Our colors are red and black so these go perfectly with our theme.



I used Etsy and found a really cool Harley Quinn and Joker wedding topper ($28.00) we both love as well.


I got a guest book ($17.79) and the tactical pen ($24.49) Andrew wanted as well.

Book and Pen

I got a cake cutter from Etsy for $40.18. I wouldn't have spent so much but this was a good compromise because Andrew wanted to use a sword...


We got our rings from Zales for $910 all together. It was pretty difficult to find a match for my engagement ring without customizing it, but we got pretty close.




As far as time sensitive stuff I plan to use Vistaprint for our invitations. I used this to create my graduation invites and loved them. It's cheaper and it lets you get creative... I ended up spending about $150.45 for 100 of these, but my parents paid for these. I got red and black ones and the RSVP cards had a rose on them.

My parents have agreed to do our reception so we will just need to get the cake. (I believe I spent about $150 on the cake from Walmart, I looked into a bakery and it was going to be over $1,000 and that just wasn't happening, but it was delicious!)

For photos I plan to use my cousin, he and his wife have a photography business and we are very blessed they do families photos for free, they are amazing if you want to check them out, ALS Photography .

I got my cousin and Andrews little brother to video the wedding and I am going to make a video out of the clips. 

I asked Andrew's older brother to handle the mics and music.

Now I totally get that not everyone can do this, it helps a lot to have friends and family who can and will pitch in, but it is definitely possible if you stick to your budget, and keep it simple.

I think overall we stuck pretty close to the budget, we got a few other things, but I don't include those as wedding items.


Have any of you planned on a tight budget? Did you stick to it or go over?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to contact me :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to do a short post tonight to let you guys know how you can contact me :) I am more than happy to talk to you guys over any of my social media accounts I have linked here on my blog and would love to hear from you!! I don't use my private accounts to talk to anyone but friends and family, but if you contact me on my linked accounts I'll do my best to reply to all of you!!!! :D I'm also considering getting an email especially for my blog so let me know if you guys would be interested in that :)

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad Makeup Tutorial (Pictures)

Harley Quinn Hey guys!! So as many of you may know (or not...) today is the day that the movie Suicide  Squad comes out in theaters so I'm super excited to see it and I thought doing Harley Quinn makeup from the movie would be a lot of fun. I chose to do it in pictures for my blog,  but if you guys would like a video tutorial I don't mind doing one for you because this was really fun to do.  Let's get started!   To start off I used my Sedona Lace 928 Brush to apply Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation all over my face and neck. Next I took my Nyx HD Concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and used my Covergirl Concealer around my nose and on any spots I had. I then used my ELF Eyelid primer on my eyelids just to be sure my makeup would last. Next I used a medium dark blue from my Sedona Lace 168 Color Eyeshadow Pallette on my left eye and under my bottom lashes on the left a bit and also a medium champaigny brown to blend out and hi

tarte Face Tape Review

Hey guys! Today I wanted to review the tarte face tape. I have heard alot about this before but had never personally tried it. I am loving it though, I see why it was/is so popular. This has really good coverage and is actually relativily thick but not like cakey. This covers my dark circles really well and also covers blemishes really well, I have personally been using it as concealer alot and it works really well like that as well as being a great coverage foundation. I am really liking this and will totally look into getting more of this in the full size.