Skip to main content

Revlon Colorsilk Beautiful Color Review (Auburn Brown)


Hey guys!! So this was definatly an impulse buy for me, I was in CVS with my husband and the color on the box caught my eye.

I have only ever tried one other permanant hair dye and that one really didn't take in my hair.


For starters, this was super easy to use and not super messy. It for sure had a very strong chemical smell but I am assuming that is normal?

This is nice because you get everything you need in the same box and the instructions are pretty clear.

It also only takes about 30 minutes once you apply it so it isn't a super long process. 

Now I will say with all that being said I was slightly dissapointed with the results. I was expecting the red on the diagram between light brown and medium brown and I really don't feel like it was true to color.

It did make my hair more red but it just wasn't as red as I wanted or was expecting based on the box. I think meybe the issue is that the color I want would require bleach but I was really hoping this would atleast make it a little more red. 

I have had one person ask if I changed my hair but that was outside in the sun where it was carching the light, in normal indoor lighting I really feel like it isn't all that noticable to be honest.

That being said for the price I still think this is a good product, just maybe don't expect as intense a color as the box shows, but hey it was like $5 USD so I guess that is reasonable.

I'll give it like a 5/10, not bad just not amazing.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...