Skip to main content

Real vs. Fake: To airbrush or not to airbrush, that is the question


Hey guys! Today I wanted to talk about something a little different. Recently I was reading an article talking about changing your photos to make yourself look better. 

I got curious so I downloaded an app so I could play around with it.

As you can see, I've managed to change my photo quite a bit in just a few minutes of playing around. Obviously I've added a pretty flashy filter, but the other changes aren't so obvious. 

What you may not notice as easily is that I've actually made my eyes slightly bigger as well as my lips and gotten rid of all my imperfections. 

If you had never seen the original,  do you think you could easily tell I had done more than add a filter?

Personally I've always been kind of against using these edited kind of photos on my blog because I don't want a younger girls, like my younger cousin, to see a bunch of "perfect" photos on my blog and think they need to look like that. I don't even look like that. 

That's why I always try to use very lightly edited,  if it all edited, photos of myself here.

As for others using these apps to edit there photos, whether you do or don't is up to you, but just think about the standard you may be setting for younger girls who may not realize you've used these apps. 

I'd rather set a realistic goal myself.  

What do you guys think,  are you for or against using apps to create perfect pictures of yourself? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Review

Hey guys!! How was your week? Has school started back for you guys yet? My college recently started back so that's been interesting to balance with work. Today I thought I'd review the Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels.  I really really REALLY love this color and this lipstick in general.  This is my first ever liquid lipstick and I think it's awesome.  If you aren't familiar with liquid lipsticks,  they go on like a gloss, but dry like a matte or in  this case a cream lipstick. This one is gorgeous.  I'm actually really glad my boyfriend encouraged me to get this color (ok so I made him pick one... lol). This has pretty good lasting power to. It will need to be touched up after eating or drinking alot, but I feel like that's pretty normal for most lipsticks.  I would absolutely recommend this to you guys to try though,  it isn't too expensive and it's awesome. ^_^

Anxiety Sucks

Hey guys!! I know this is my traditional type of post,  but I really have been having trouble with this lately and I just needed somewhere to vent. Anxiety really really sucks you guys. I've always been the kind of person who will get nervous about new experiences,  I've never liked being in front of people on stage or for presentations.  Even small groups would scare me, but I've never experienced anxiety quite like this.  Ever since December my anxiety has been far worse than its ever been. I was on my way to college one morning like usual, listening to music, singing along and all of a sudden my heart started racing, I was having trouble breathing, my hands were tingling, I got a headache,  and felt dizzy. Against my better judgment I continued to drive to school and after about 30 minutes of class realized I couldn't handle it. I was afraid to try and drive since I was dizzy so I ended up having to call my parents to come pick me up. At the time...

The Drug Store Make Up Tag

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand overall?   That's a really hard questions because I use a variety of brands, but I'd have to say either Maybelline or Covergirl is my favorite.  I'd probably have to go with Maybelline because I love their mascaras. 2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products? Hmm I think my favorite face product right now is probably the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I really don't have a favorite cheek product because I don't use blush. My fav lip product right now is probably the Hard Candy Fierce Effects Lip Gloss in Make Me Blush. 3.Least favourite product? There are not many products I dislike but I'm not a huge fan of the Maybelline Super Stay 14th lipsticks. I find it drying. 4.What is your best makeup bargain?   Basically any ELF product is an amazing deal. 5.What is your favourite underdog product? (something you love that often gets overlooked)   I'm not really sure I have a favorite that gets ...